Getting to the Necker Cup, Necker Open, Legends Camp & Legends Music
Airport – Commercial
The closest international airport for the BVI is on Tortola (the Terrence B. Lettsome Airport – airport code EIS), and it is from this airport that your arrival and departure transfers are included.
The most direct way to EIS from North America is via San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU). Frequent connecting service is offered by Cape Air and Seaborne and interCaribbean Airways, with occasional service offered by other airlines and charter flights. Charter airline service can be arranged from almost anywhere in the Caribbean.Click HERE for more information on inter-Island aviation.
Regular service from San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) to Virgin Gorda (VIJ) is available with Cape Air but note landing is only possible during daylight hours. If preferred we can arrange your airport transfers to/from VIJ
St Thomas – airport code STT (USVI)
St Thomas in the USVI does have direct flights from select US Cities. From STT you will need to make your way to EIS from where your onward transfer to your accommodation will be provided. To get to EIS from STT:
Most travelers take one of the frequent ferries that travel between downtown Charlotte Amalie or Red Hook, St. Thomas and the BVI. Ferry service is available to Virgin Gorda on select days and to Tortola every day via West End or Road Town.
Getting to the next ferry is very easy – just take a taxi at the St. Thomas Airport and let the taxi driver know that you need to take the next ferry to Tortola or Virgin Gorda (with connections to Anegada and Jost Van Dyke). The taxi drivers will know of any schedule changes and make sure you reach the proper terminal for your connection.
Please note: Ferries from St. Thomas to Tortola and Virgin Gorda (with connections to Anegada and Jost Van Dyke) only operate during daylight hours – so the last ferry is usually around 4:30/5pm. Make sure that your flight arrives in time for the transfer to Charlotte Amalie (approximately 10 minutes) or Red Hook (approximately 45 minutes) or make arrangements to overnight in St. Thomas and catch the ferry the following morning. Ferry service starts at approximately 7:30am.
Airport – Private
Private planes can land at either VIJ or EIS. For further details please contact us.
- To or from St. Thomas and Oil Nut Bay is $1350.00 including the scenic route. It is a flat rate to and from the BVI year round.
- To or from San Juan and Oil Nut is $3400.00 including the scenic route.
- This is a one way rate per helicopter which can accommodate up to three passengers and carry on luggage. Children under the age of 2 can sit on a parent or guardian’s lap. A larger 8 passenger helicopter is available for $5100.00 USD per one way from St. Thomas and $11,600.00 from San Juan. This helicopter can carry normal airline luggage restrictions per passenger.
- Baggage capacity for three passengers per 3 seat helicopter : maximum 2 medium sized, soft sided carry on bags, plus 2-3 carry on that can fit underneath an airline seat. This is the total amount, the pilot may refuse luggage should it not fit these requirements.
- Baggage capacity for two passengers per 3 seat helicopter: maximum 1 medium sized, soft sided check in bag per person, plus carry on that can fit underneath an airline seat. The pilot reserves the right to refuse luggage should they not meet the capacity.
From St. Thomas airport it heads to Virgin Gorda or Anegada to clear customs and immigrations into the British Virgin Islands and then head to your final destination. In all the flight takes just under an hour from St. Thomas or vice versa.For further detail please contact us and we will glady help you make the arrangements.
Private Charter Boat
From STT a private taxi and then boat can be arranged to your accommodation. Prices start around $1600 per boat which can accommodation approx 6 people. For full details, please contact us.